Immigration & Citizenship

Immigration Law in Traverse City, MI

Family-Sponsored Immigration Law:

If you have family members who may fall under one of the following categories, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for a referral to an outside immigration attorney to discuss what options you may have to petition for them to obtain legal status in the United States:

  • Fiancé(e)s of United States Citizens
  • Legal Permanent Resident / "Green Card"
  • Immediate Relatives: Spouses (including same-sex marriages), Parents (child petitioner must be 21 years of age or older), and Unmarried Children (under 21 years of age and may include stepchildren and adopted children) of U.S. Citizens
  • First Preference: Unmarried Sons/Daughters (21 years of age or older) of U.S. Citizens
  • Second Preference: (A) Spouses and Children (under 21 years of age) of Permanent Residents and (B) Unmarried Sons/Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents
  • Third Preference: Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
  • Fourth Preference: Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens

Naturalization / Citizenship:

There are several ways in which an individual may become or is a U.S. Citizen, including the following:

  • Birth in the United States or Certain Incorporated Territories
  • Child born outside the United States where one or both parents are United States Citizens
  • Adopted Children
  • Naturalization after certain period of time as a legal permanent resident
  • Naturalization for certain U.S. Veterans / Military Personnel

Immigration is a complicated area of law, and mistakes can be unforgiving or difficult (expensive) to fix. Sterling Law advises any individual pursuing immigration benefits to first consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

When you call Sterling Law at 231-486-0559 / 989-705-2326 with an immigration issue, you can expect a short phone intake process. Your information will then be referred to an experienced immigration attorney outside of the firm for review and follow-up with you.

ADAM: American Divorce Association for Men

Sterling Law areas of practice include specialization in advocacy and divorce tailored for men. Sterling Law has a strong and successful history of representing both women and men in all areas of family law, including divorce.

More About ADAM

Call Sterling Law at (231) 486-0559 / (989) 705-2326
or fill out the form below for a free phone consult.