• Agnes Jury

Does a U.S. citizen need to notify immigration of address change?

Many U.S. citizens do not realize that if they have “sponsored” a non-citizen to become a permanent resident of the United States (i.e. submitted a Form I-864 Affidavit of Support), then the U.S. citizen must notify USCIS of their new address each time they move.

If the adjustment of status case is still pending, the U.S. citizen can make a change of address on pending cases via the USCIS Online Change of Address page or by calling 1-800-375-5283.

If there is no pending case with USCIS, the U.S citizen must complete Form I-865 within thirty days of moving.

Contact Sterling Law if you need assistance changing your address with USCIS. 231-486-0559 /


Copyright © 2006–2020

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Information on this site is not a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney. No content on this website may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.