Out-Of-State Child Custody

What to do when a parent has custody of the children pursuant to a Michigan order and the other parent runs off with them to another state if law enforcement in the other state tells the custodial parent to get a "pick up order" before they will enforce the Michigan custody order? The Michigan custodial parent will need to file in the family court of the other state a version of these documents along with a certified copy of the Michigan custody order: Petition for Expedited Enforcement of Out-of-State Child Custody Determination (UCCJEA) Warrant to Take Physical Custody of Child (UCCJEA) (proposed) Order to Appear at Hearing on Petition to Enforce Out-of-State Child Custody Determination (U

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Copyright © 2006–2020

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Information on this site is not a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney. No content on this website may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.